Volunteer with Habitat
Without the efforts of our incredible Garland Area Habitat Volunteers, we could not accomplish our mission of providing affordable housing to families in need. We have opportunities for both individual and groups, home builds, ReStore, administration office and to serve on volunteer committees. Feel free to call our office with any questions about how to get started at 972-414-6894 x.108 or email email@example.com.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
There are currently no construction volunteer opportunities. However, we always appreciate volunteer support at the ReStore.
Construction – Volunteers ages 16 and 17 MUST have both consent from a parent or legal guardian and adult supervision to volunteer on a HFHGG construction site. Volunteers under the age of 18 are not permitted to use power tools or be up on a ladder. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on an active HFHGG construction site.
ReStore – Due to Child Labor Laws and HIFI policies, children under the age of 14 are not permitted to volunteer at the ReStore. Children ages 14-17 MUST have consent from a parent or legal guardian as well as adult supervision to volunteer. In addition, for the safety of our volunteers and staff, children ages 14 and 15 are not permitted to work in the warehouse or use power tools of any kind.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities:
Due to Child Labor Laws and HIFH policies, children under the age of 14 are not permitted to volunteer on an active construction site or at the ReStore. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about youth volunteer opportunities.
- Please complete sign up process here.
- Please read through our Volunteer Orientation.
- Please watch the following REQUIRED Lockton Safety videos:
- If you are volunteering on the construction site, please watch Volunteering on a Habitat for Humanity Job Site. The safety video can be found under the ‘Recommended Courses’ section using the access code W8NAEBTG.
- If you are volunteering at the ReStore, please watch Preventing Slips Trips and Falls. The safety video can be found under ‘Recommended Courses’ section using the access code W8NAEBTG.
- Download and complete Liability Waiver. Liability waiver’s must be completed once a year in January.
- Bring documents to assigned volunteer activity.
- Minors ages 14-16 require a parent signature and must accompany the minor.
Please download and print the following: