Volunteer with Habitat
Without the efforts of our incredible Garland Area Habitat Volunteers, we could not accomplish our mission of providing affordable housing to families in need. We have opportunities for both individual and groups, home builds, ReStore, administration office and to serve on volunteer committees. Feel free to call our office with any questions about how to get started at 972-414-6894 x.108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Construction: We will begin building again on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018. Stay tuned for volunteer opportunities.
ReStore: We are always in need of daily individual support at the ReStore during store hours which are Tuesday through Friday from 10 AM until 6 PM and Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM. The ReStore is closed on Sunday and Monday.
Sign up now for our current volunteer opportunities.
Construction – Volunteers ages 16 and 17 MUST have both consent from a parent or legal guardian and adult supervision to volunteer on a HFHGG construction site. Volunteers under the age of 18 are not permitted to use power tools or be up on a ladder. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted on an active HFHGG construction site.
ReStore – Due to Child Labor Laws and HIFI policies, children under the age of 14 are not permitted to volunteer at the ReStore. Children ages 14-17 MUST have consent from a parent or legal guardian as well as adult supervision to volunteer. In addition, for the safety of our volunteers and staff, children ages 14 and 15 are not permitted to work in the warehouse or use power tools of any kind.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities:
Due to Child Labor Laws and HIFH policies, children under the age of 14 are not permitted to volunteer on an active construction site or at the ReStore. Please email email@example.com for more information about youth volunteer opportunities.
Group Volunteer Opportunities:
Construction: To ensure the safety of our volunteers and staff, HFHGG will engage groups of a minimum of 5 people to a maximum of 25 people per construction site. Scheduling is dependent on our current New Construction and Critical Repair projects. Groups MUST fill out the Group Volunteer Project Application in order to be scheduled by the Volunteer Coordinator. Priority scheduling will be given to sponsors who financially support the project.
ReStore: To ensure the safety of our volunteers and staff, HFHGG will engage groups of a minimum of 5 people to a maximum of 15 people at the ReStore. Scheduling is dependent on our current ReStore needs.
- Sign up for our current volunteer opportunities.
- Please read through our Volunteer Orientation.
- Please watch the following REQUIRED Lockton Safety videos:
- If you are volunteering on the construction site, please watch Volunteering on a Habitat for Humanity Job Site. The safety video can be found under the ‘Recommended Courses’ section using the access code W8NAEBTG.
- If you are volunteering at the ReStore, please watch Preventing Slips Trips and Falls. The safety video can be found under ‘Recommended Courses’ section using the access code W8NAEBTG.
- Download and complete Liability Waiver. Liability waiver’s must be completed once a year in January.
- Bring documents to assigned volunteer activity.
Please download and print the following: